Friday, December 2, 2011

What is a good age to start your son in boxing?

We believe that boxing is a better form of self defense than martial arts (from our own observation of real life scenarios) and want to get our son into it eventually. He's only 4 1/2 and a very tender hearted, non-violent kid for being a little boy. I don't know if he'd like it, or understand it yet. We do want him to try it though because it's such a good form of excersize in addition to being great self defense. How should we go about this?|||Honestly, from my experience, expose him to boxing, but do not "force" him into it. Boxing is a sport that you either want to do it or not. If your child "wants it", then any age is great. If he is shaky about his commitment, boxing may not be the best sport. I am curious to know how this turns out.|||14|||boxing? thats rather violent..why not tennis or golf|||My daughter just started and she's 11.|||Have you ever heard of non-violent conflict resolution? Or does everyone in your family believe in "fighting back"?





Why don't you make your son the exception in the family, and encourage him to talk peacefully with people and turn the other cheek, instead of fighting back?





I've turned away from every fight that has ever come my way in life, and I have to say that I am now far more fit than any kid that I knew who ever "fought back"... I've never broken a single bone in my body, and my safely intact brain has allowed me to go to college, get an excellent degree, and make quite a lot more money than average.





Do you think training your child by having him take punishment to his fragile face and brain are going to be good for him?





One day he's going to be knocked unconscious and be in hospital in a coma, and you'll be sitting there grieving to yourself "What have I done? What have I done?"|||1st or 2nd grade, but because he is tender hearted you have to be careful, most violent people start out ttender hearted then they get picked on all the time until one day they get tired of being bullied and they strike back and trust me if your son can box and he's in about the 6th grade and a 8th grader picks on him , your son being tender hearted will be the least of your worries.|||Is boxing really self-defense? Seems more offensive that what I understand of it and the martial arts. I guess the most difficult thing I have with wanting a child to get "into it" is that the whole point of boxing is to knock someone unconscious. Is this the sort of activity you want to teach your child is "good"?





And what are these "real life scenarios" that make you think boxing is a better form of self defense? You've seen someone surprised in a mugging who was a boxer and could compare it to someone in a similar situation that was a martial artist of similar level of training?????





And why the concern for this when your son isn't even 5? I don't understand why parents "want him to try it" - how about giving him a choice of exercise? Why do you feel a need to push exercise on a 5 year old? Do you think he is underexercised? How about more age-appropriate activities? If he is very tender-hearted and non-violent, why are you trying to change him? Maybe that's who he's meant to be.|||Just smack him in the head and scramble his brains. Seriously if you really think boxing is a good "sport" check out some old boxers. Their ears are cauliflowered, their eyebrows are thick with scar tissue and they mumble and stutter when they talk. Blows to the head cause the brain to bounce against the skull, breaking blood vessels. That is know as a concussion and it is cumulative. In other words the more concussions the more the brain damage. Look at Mohammed Ali, one of tne greatest heavyweight champions. Some say he was THE greatest. He stumbles when he walks and his speech is slurred and halting. The few times he appers in public anymore he has a daughter to interpret for him as his speech is so garbled. The term "punch drunk" was coined many many years ago to describe fighters in this condition. I wouldn't let any kid I cared about be a boxer.|||I belive that boxing is a good form to defense and a sports with his wonderlness,but in no case like violent for being people how practice this sports.We want to done and teaching our son to exercise the boxing just for being great self defense when he is little in 6-8 old.|||Why would you want your son to box. getting hit in the head is no good, especially at a young age like that. better ways to toughen a kid up than that. Try wrestling, like a high school wresltling, not wwe.|||when he thinks he can whoop yo a s s n i g g a





HAHA|||as soon as you can trust me


the world is violent hes going to need it|||8

No comments:

Post a Comment