Friday, December 2, 2011

Boxing...............?

Is boxing a hobby for you? Sometimes, I like to hit the bag.|||I am training to be a boxer. I have a heavy bag and some gloves, and I really want to join a gym but don't have the money. I like sparring with friends a lot. So yes, yes it's a hobby for me. I try to hit the bag every day and go to the gym. Unfortunately I'm sick at the moment|||I'm 65 now and until a recent car accident used the speed bag and heavy bag for years. Great cardio workout and fun too. Been involved in boxing for over 50 years and evaluating gloves for at least 40 years now. Have written many articles on gloves, glove makers and their history in that end of the boxing business. Learned glove making from Al Zimmer, one time owner of Spartan boxing. Have met and learned a little more from several glove makers over the years. Now, it's long from the one man operation and it's now a factory of sorts either in Mexico, or now China, Pakistan, India, Thailand that are making our pro gloves for us. Yes, boxing is a hobby and will continue to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment