Friday, December 2, 2011

Is just doing the elliptical for cardio good for boxing or should I start running?

I am planning to be a boxer at the ameture level but I have a bad knee. I do 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical 5 days a week instead of running because it is easier on my knee. People with a backround in boxing let me know what you think.|||I'm not a boxer but I am an athlete with a bum knee as well. I'm a varsity college athlete and my coaches try to avoid making us run at all costs. The risk for further injury on knees is too great to risk it, so I suggest that you avoid running. Sprinting in intervals should be fine but anything long distance is no good.





You should, however, try more cardio workouts. Sticking to just routine is bad for the body. Riding a bike, using a rowing machine, or using a stair climber are all great alternatives to running. You should try something different every day rather than get your body into a routine otherwise your muscles won't build as fast as you would like and you will have difficulty losing any excess weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment