Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to train for boxing with a broken hand?

So, im a boxer and i got pretty unlocky and broke my hand, i want to stay in shape for boxing what can i do?|||I'm in almost the same situation as you .. I have a bruised bone .. with no clue when it truely will be healed and almsot fractured it ( my wrist bone under the thumb from punching too hard too much ..)





- I do alot of core work outs .. shadow boxing with my hurt hand laying at my head ..it gets you use to using your other hand..





- work out your legs alot , jumping jacks leg machines , jogging , running w/e your hand bouncing can tolerate..





- abs .. crunches , sit ups so on ( leg ups )





- you can do pilates? basically like a push up position but you lay on your elbows and balance yourself





- lift free weights with the other hand..





- I even tied a resistance band around my arm on the hurt side and used it as if I was actually using it correctly ( with my hand..)





good luck .. pain killers can make you lazy / laid back so keep your game up and head up don't rush back either no pain no gain doesn't apply to this wait till you're 100% before you throw a punch with that hand again ..





- you can also do those shoulder rolls or w/e and neck rolls .. where you swing them in circles ..





- diet properly ..





- walking alot .. fast paced if you cannot handle running ( your hand bounces so I can understand that)





good luck really hope I helped|||I broke my hand twice during my professional career, I remember at first the throbbing was so bad that I could not run, but if you can run that should help with your conditioning try shadow boxing in front of a mirror and work on specific things ie. for one round work exclusively on keeping your chin tucked behind your shoulder especially when punching-good luck|||shadow boxing? and you can still train your movement like footwork or shoulder and hip use when you punch. you can do all those movements you did before, just without punching anything.|||roadwork





shadowboxing





sit ups





and lots more running.

No comments:

Post a Comment